Monday, June 15, 2009

Who Would Have Known

GREAT weekend!

Even after telling Members for years that all extra activity counts as Activity POINTS I have really never taken the time to count my Activity POINTS until my new exercise goal went into effect on June 1, 2009.

On Saturday, walked briskly for 40 minutes (Activity POINTS value 2), then completed the general weekly housekeeping. After that, DH and I went out for a massage and then to the paint store. I sprang the "stopping at the paint store" on him after we were in the car on our way to the massage.

I had the colors picked from their website but needed new painting supplies and some friendly painting advice from the guy at the store. We went home and prepared the room for painting. DH did the "cutting in" and I manned the roller. We had 2 coats of primer on the two formerly accent colored walls in 90 minutes (Activity POINTS value 6). Cleaned the tools, drank water and relaxed a little while.

After dinner, I mowed the lawn (Activity POINTS value 2).

10 Activity POINTS on Saturday and 6 more on Sunday earned with more painting and horseback riding. I earned 16 Activity POINTS for the extra stuff I did this weekend. This makes me so much more invested in weekend chores.

I have plans for another coat of paint for the ceiling tonight and then a couple of days to cure before the wall color goes on. Painting = Activity POINTS, who would have known?

No comments:

Post a Comment