Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Friday

ahh, Friday.....You might think that means I sleep in on Saturday and Sunday, no I don't. But weekends are the time that I do things that make me unwind from the stresses of the week. Gardening, yard work, riding, horse stuff, vacuuming, dusting, play with the dogs, take a quick nap and try to catch up on "Make Me a Super Model" or "Millionaire Matchmaker." Too fun.

Tonight will be one of our new favorite fast meals, paninis. Lean ham, Swiss cheese, thinly sliced tomatoes, fresh basil on a small roll. Easy and delicious.

I will be getting up really early tomorrow. We have someplace to go and we are leaving at 5 AM. Should be home by late afternoon. Took some chicken breast and steaks out of the freezer and I'll stop for some fresh salad fixin's on the way home for tomorrow nights dinner.

Love to make a brunchy kind of breakfast on Sunday for family and friends. I may be the best pancake princess on this earth.

I bought strawberries last night that were so much better than the last box I had bought. Need to stop and buy some more. They would be lovely on Sunday morning.

We didn't have pizza last night even though Thursday evening is "pizza nite." We grilled burgers instead and I had a very lean burger open faced on a half of bun with LOTS of tomato, sweet onions and pickles. Very satisfying.

I am working myself up to starting a serious exercise program again too. I'll keep you updated.....

No comments:

Post a Comment