Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Tools of the Trade

Scales, love them and hate them. I love the scale when I am losing and hate the scale when I gain. Sometimes it is hard to remember the scale is just a tool of measuring. It is a tiny picture of this moment in my life.

Haven't you ever seen a photo of yourself and said, "that doesn't look like me." Well it was you at the moment the shutter opened and closed on that camera.

The scale is the same way, it is a measure of weight at that moment. Of course, I always want to see it going in the down direction but that is not what will happen every time I get on the scale. Knowing that is a level of weight loss maturity, meaning I can accept the moment at the scale and move in a positive forward motion from it even when the number is UP.

Remember upon reaching goal we need other ways of feeling good about the number the scale displays. The kudos for weight loss end and kudos for maintenance from outside sources quite down. We must find motivation for ourselves each month, week, day, hour and meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment